Friday, March 28, 2014

Happy 4th Birthday, Benjamin and Asher!


School birthday cupcakes
Today we celebrated my big boys' 4th birthday.  I can't believe it was 4 years ago that I became a mom.  I remember that first night in the hospital, I had such a hard time sleeping- every time I started to drop off, I would startle awake thinking, "I'm TWO somebodies' mommy!"  What a huge responsibility.  By some miracle, we have all managed to survive 4 entire years together, healthy and happy.
Enjoying the cupcakes- with Charlotte joining in behind them
I tried to make today as special as I could.  The boys had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, and then I went to their class to read a story (Slinky Malinki) to their class.  After the story, the boys got their birthday cupcakes and the class sang happy birthday to them.  I stayed while they ate cupcakes (and Charlotte got in on the action!), and then went home to get ready for work.

I left work early so we could all have dinner together.  The boys wanted noodles (what a surprise!), and Asher asked for Chinese.  Actually, first he asked for Japanese, I made a reservation, then he changed his mind because he was a little tired, and asked for Chinese.  Benjamin just wanted plain noodles, but ended up eating two helpings of chicken lo mein.

I baked two separate cakes- one chocolate and one yellow- since the boys each wanted something different.  Then I cut Benjamin a big slice of his yellow cake, and he didn't eat it!  But everyone else enjoyed it.  Charlotte liked the cake, the ice cream, and the peanut m&ms.  Asher blew out all 5 of his candles in one breath.  I'm not sure he even paused to make a wish.

My next posts will be all about the boys at 4 years old- I want to make sure they each get their own and that I take the time to be thorough.

It gave me such pleasure today to spoil my boys and to see them so happy.  They loved their gifts, the attention, and all the sweets.  They are such wonderful boys, and such joys to have in my life.  4 years ago today, my life changed forever, and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment